Uber OOH is the official Uber advertising network.
Launched in partnership with Adomni, participating drivers' vehicles host video-enabled, two-sided digital advertising screens on top.
Each city currently has 200-400 participating vehicles.
Atlanta, Dallas, Boston, Los Angeles, and Phoenix are available.
New York and Chicago are planned for Q2 2021.
An additional 15 U.S. cities have been identified as potential cities for future roll-outs.
Each city's vehicle counts result in an estimated 40-70 million monthly impressions.
Impression counts are provided by Mira, a leading third-party audience data and measurement company that specializes in the measurement of audiences for out of home advertising and ads on moving-vehicles.
To produce Uber OOH's impression numbers, Mira uses state-of-the-art techniques that incorporate recent, high-fidelity mobile location data, proprietary custom geofences for each ad play delivered, and the historical Uber vehicle movement data.
The audience impression counts are refreshed daily and include a granularity of impressions per ad play (aka impressions multiplier) that differs by day of the week and each hour of the day. As a result, advertisers pay for impressions that correlate with the actual exposed audiences (eg. 8 am on a Monday will have dramatically higher impressions per ad play than 4 am on a Sunday).
The Advertiser Experience
Uber OOH creates a connection between brands and consumers in an engaging new way.
In a world where consumer attention span is shrinking and traditional media is fragmenting, you now can drive meaningful brand-to-consumer engagement at the street level.
According to Nielson's 2019 OOH Study:
- 78% of people surveyed noticed transit advertising in the past month
- 31% of people noticed taxi-cab advertising in the past month
- 80% of those that notice transit advertising, engage by looking at the messages either all, most or some of the time
Ad sales are offered across three different sales channels.
- Booking directly with an Uber OOH sales representative at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (844) 769-UBER (8237).
- Programmatic campaigns including Uber OOH along with 440,000+ other programmatically connected digital out-of-home screens on adomni.com.
- Programmatic campaigns including Uber OOH on programmatic demand-side platforms such as Amobee and Zeta Global, who are connected to the Adomni Real-Time Bidding Ad Exchange.
Currently, "share-of-voice" packages can be purchased on a 28-day "per-market" or "per-entire-fleet" basis. Pricing will vary by market due to different quantities of impressions being available.
For programmatic buying on Adomni.com and digital DSPs, CPM pricing is available upon request. Both Open Exchange and PMP programmatic transactions will be offered.
You can view real-time-updated historical performance reports online that include:
- Quantity of ad plays delivered
- Quantity of impressions delivered
- Maps showing where each of the ad plays were delivered
Additional audience insights reports from Adomni's Audience IQ technology will provide demographics data and top consumer profiles reached.
There are a few notable qualities.
- Uber has relationships with a tremendous number of drivers with vehicles who may want to participate in the Uber OOH program, creating the potential for the largest cartop advertising network in America.
- The LED digital screen technology, provided by Cargo, is brand new - ensuring sharp ad content and clear visibility during broad daylight and at night.
- Day-parting capabilities (i.e. select the time-of-day to play ads) are also available.
- Self-service campaigns can be built and launched 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The Uber OOH buying process is world-class, flexible, and robust in the following ways:
- With Adomni's geo-targeting software and real-time programmatic ad-serving capabilities, advertisers can create immersive, street-level consumer ad experiences across multiple digital outdoor screen mediums at the same time.
- Utilizing Adomni's Audience IQ technology, advertisers will be able to optimize ad content to play on the Uber car tops in areas that have a high concentration of their specific target audiences, as well as re-target exposed audiences on their mobile devices 48 hours later for a "big screen-little screen" combo.
- Uber Car Tops + Digital Billboards + Digital Street Furniture = unmissable advertising.
Ad Content Information
The restrictions are fairly standard for public, out of home media including prohibiting profanity, recreational drugs, nudity and other derogatory content. Additionally, misleading ads, political ads, controversial ads, and ads that have predominantly blue, red, or amber color that might be interpreted as looking like emergency lighting.
The screens require content sized at 384 pixels wide x 128 pixels tall. A 3:1 aspect ratio.
There is no bleed required in the artwork. Ad content will fully fill the screen.
Absolutely. At no extra cost, advertisers can provide as many pieces of ad content as they want, which will alternate in the playlist.